Friday, August 21, 2009
Hello. You are in the wrong place. This site has officially moved. Please update your bookmarks, favorites, news feeds or links to the new site:
Thanks, and GO COUGS!
Good day Coug Nation. Hope you all are having a wonderful week, and here we are, just barely two weeks away from the start of the '09 season! And with that timing aspect, as we all prepare for another year of Cougar Football, we also have something to announce on a personal level. So, here goes.
We are moving. Yep, we are saying goodbye to the old-school Blogger.com format, and sliding over to a start-up blog network called Bloguin.com. First, some background. About two months ago, Bloguin.com approached us with an offer to pack up shop and come join their network. Bloguin.com is a start-up sports network that launched last fall, and they have added over 50 blogs along the way, with many more like ours in their pipeline. Some of you who follow the Seahawks may or may not be familiar with Seahawk Addicts? They are now in the Bloguin.com network, and they are one hell of a Seahawks site. Anyway, that's the network we are joining.
Why are we doing this? Well, we've been out here in independent-land for close to five years now, and if we were ever going to make a move to something else, this was probably the right time to do it. Bloguin.com offered a brand new site design, plus the benefits of being tied into a network vs. floating around all alone. That said, this wasn't an easy decision, believe me. There is something to be said about the familiarity and control you have when you are with blogger, compared to something else like signing on to a network. And we didn't want to make a big change that would alienate our friends (you), something we have spent years building up and are quite proud of where we are today.
But the good news is that we do get a ton of control where we are headed, from the appearance of the site, to what we post. So after some back-and-forth, we're now ready to make the jump. It's a cleaner, professional looking site, and the move makes a lot of sense for all of us.
What does the move entail?
1) The site name is the same. We're still the wildly creative "WSU Football Blog", even though we write about pretty much whatever, you know? That pic above is our header on the new site, so the name stays the same.
2) No new name also means that we're keeping our existing web address, wsufootballblog.com. So how you've been finding us before, will be the same way you will find us after the move. One moment you'll hit our URL, and suddenly you're at the new site. No need to update any links, favorites, bookmarks or blog rolls.
3) All of our archives have been moved over as well, all the way back to our very first post in 2004. Want to know how SURE we were that Josh Swogger was the next great thing back in '04? Yep, it's there in the 2004 archives. We've also got a new photo gallery. Remember all those photos you sent in for the photo contest? All the best ones are there. And your photos are, of course, always welcome, so keep them coming.
4) You'll still be able to leave comments, of course, and we wouldn't have that any other way. The "anonymous" button is gone from the new site, so we won't see those kinds of comments anymore. You have to use a name now. But you do not have to actually register with the network to leave a comment. All you have to do is enter a unique name of some kind, plus any e-mail address, and you can comment away. The catch is that the name and e-mail address you enter has to be something that doesn't already exist in their network of user names. So, say Longball wants to comment. He would enter Longball as the username, and whatever e-mail he chooses, and viola, the comment is there as long as there isn't already another Longball in the bloguin.com universe. But if you plan on commenting a lot (and you know who you are), go ahead and register. It's quick and painless, and never anything to worry about going forward. Or not. Whatever you choose is fine. The comments have been flowing lately, and we will still want to hear from you over there.
5) Finally, we're going to keep doing what we've been doing all along, and that's having fun with something we all find dear to our hearts - writing about the Cougs. The content and such, that will not change. It will just look a little different. We'll do the usual stuff, plus step out there on occasion, just like we always have.
The nuts-n-bolts of the move is that we will initiate the transfer sometime on Friday. It may take a few minutes, maybe a few hours, maybe even a day or so, but eventually when you go to wsufootballblog.com, you'll land at the new site.
We'd love to hear your opinions once you make it over there, so feel free to share either via comments or email, whatever you want to do is fine.
That's all for now. Enjoy your Friday, and as always, GO COUGS!